14 February 2007

A Really Big Man from a Small School





Walter Thomas

What does the 2005 NFL Draft have similar with the 2007 NFL Draft? There were/are two players from a community college that were/are major NFL Prospects. In the 2005 NFL Draft, Larry Brackins was from Pearl River Community College and was drafted in the 5th round (19th pick) by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Brackins tested positive for steroids and is not on the Bucs roster currently. This year in the 2007 NFL Draft there is a monster defensive tackle named Walter Thomas from Northwest Mississippi Community College. Thomas weighed 6' 5" 370 pounds at the Texas vs. Nation All-Star game, and can reportedly run in 4.8-4.9 range. He was heavily recruited, but left Oklahoma State early in his college career. Thomas Played in only two games this year for his tiny Community College, but completely and utterly dominated those games with 16 tackles, 9 tackles for loss and 4 sacks. Thomas is only a junior, so this young man has a lot of upside. He has been all the talk recently among NFL Scouts, and I have even heard some say he could be drafted as early as the 5th round in the 2007 NFL Draft.

1 comment:

Ron Rosenberg said...

hey robert thanks for commenting. Ditto to your website I like the uniqueness in your articles. just wanted to apologize about the misconception on your draft predictions (i guess your too far ahead of me) and I am very appreciative of you putting a link of my blog on your website. I am glad to say I have done the same for your pro football one (sorry I just felt it was unnecessary to do both and would look repetetive). If you have any more comments or opinions just come on back and state them. And I like your analysis into smaller colleges and players.

-Ron Rose